Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Caz Caz is offline

Default How to replace 'any digit' with the same text?

I want to do a find and replace which enables me to change the format of a
variety of references, for example, from:
13v34, 34v76, 7v65, 19v4
to:
13:34, 34:76, 7:65, 19:4
I can do a find, using 'any digit', ie, ^#v^#, but how do I then replace
all, keeping the digits either side of the v / colon as they are?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Find ([0-9]@)v([0-9]@)
Replace with \1:\2
Check Use Wildcards (click on More... if necessary to see it)
Replace All

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Caz" wrote in message
I want to do a find and replace which enables me to change the format of a
variety of references, for example, from:
13v34, 34v76, 7v65, 19v4
to:
13:34, 34:76, 7:65, 19:4
I can do a find, using 'any digit', ie, ^#v^#, but how do I then replace
all, keeping the digits either side of the v / colon as they are?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jaleel Jaleel is offline

Hi,

Find v and replace with :

"Caz" wrote in message
I want to do a find and replace which enables me to change the format of a
variety of references, for example, from:
13v34, 34v76, 7v65, 19v4
to:
13:34, 34:76, 7:65, 19:4
I can do a find, using 'any digit', ie, ^#v^#, but how do I then replace
all, keeping the digits either side of the v / colon as they are?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

That's :ery useful

Jaleel wrote:
Hi,

Find v and replace with :

"Caz" wrote in message
I want to do a find and replace which enables me to change the
format of a variety of references, for example, from:
13v34, 34v76, 7v65, 19v4
to:
13:34, 34:76, 7:65, 19:4
I can do a find, using 'any digit', ie, ^#v^#, but how do I then
replace all, keeping the digits either side of the v / colon as
they are?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jaleel Jaleel is offline

Hi Graham,

You have good sense of humour.

Anyways, in Word if the data is in a table or with a tab order we can select
the particular range and replace. Isn't it?

Regards,

Jaleel

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

That's :ery useful