Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jkandies jkandies is offline

Default tts

how do i get tts to begin in ms word
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What's tts?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"jkandies" wrote in message
how do i get tts to begin in ms word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not sure whether you are asking about boobs or text-to-speech or
something else, which is why you should not ask questions in the
form of riddles.

jkandies wrote:

how do i get tts to begin in ms word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jaleel Jaleel is offline

Hi,

If you mean Text to Speech by tts, there is no such option in Word as in
Excel. But recently I read a post to accomplish this in Word through a
Macro. Please find it in the previous posts.

Jaleel

how do i get tts to begin in ms word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jaleel Jaleel is offline

Graham,

I couldnt succeed when I tried for this. I was stuck in the very beginning
itself as I failed to install the Speech portion of Excel for the Microsoft
Speech Object Library to be available to the VBA editor. Perhaps this may be
the reason of the question from the OP. I am much interested in achieving
this. Can you elaborate a little?

Regards,

Jaleel

"jkandies" wrote:

how do i get tts to begin in ms word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The speech function is part of Excel and should be installed the first time
you access Speech from Excel. Once installed you will have access to its
reference library.

"jkandies" wrote:

how do i get tts to begin in ms word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jaleel Jaleel is offline

Graham,

Thanks for your information. Though I am novice to macros, I reached up to
the last level. But when I tried to run the Macro, I got the message:

€śCompile error:

User-defined type not defined€ť and in the module €śspeech As SpVoice€ť is
highlighted. Where I was wrong?

Regards,

Jaleel

"jkandies" wrote:

how do i get tts to begin in ms word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You have not added the Speech reference library - see first illustration on
the web page http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm

Jaleel wrote:
Graham,

Thanks for your information. Though I am novice to macros, I reached
up to the last level. But when I tried to run the Macro, I got the
message:

"Compile error:

User-defined type not defined" and in the module "speech As SpVoice"

"jkandies" wrote:

how do i get tts to begin in ms word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jaleel Jaleel is offline

Graham,

I have added the speech reference library. But still the same error occurs.
I deleted all the macros and redid all over again, but in vain. One thing
is certain. I couldnt see exactly the Project €“ Normal as shown in your
illustration. Dont feel irritated; a baby slips many times.

Regards,

Jaleel

"jkandies" wrote:

how do i get tts to begin in ms word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Irritated?

The errant line should be

Dim speech As SpVoice
rather than
speech As SpVoice

Project Normal refers to the macros stored in normal.dot. Yours will only
look like the illustration if you have the same set of macros that I have.
What you need to do is create a new module in the normal project (see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm ) ands copy *all* the macro text
from the web page into that module. If you have the Speech reference library
available and checked, there shouldn't be an error. Make the changes and
reset from the Run menu.

"jkandies" wrote:

how do i get tts to begin in ms word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jaleel Jaleel is offline

Graham,

Wow! Thats great! I made it. I have no words to express my gratitude for
your untiring efforts to make me achieve it. You are a real MVP.

Sincere Regards,

Jaleel

"jkandies" wrote:

how do i get tts to begin in ms word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You are welcome

Jaleel wrote:
Graham,

Thanks for your information. Though I am novice to macros, I
reached up to the last level. But when I tried to run the Macro,
I got the message:

"Compile error:

User-defined type not defined" and in the module "speech As
SpVoice" is highlighted. Where I was wrong?

Regards,

Jaleel