Shirley Hommel

Default New Macros don't appear on toolbar for all users

Hi-

I'm using Word 2003. I've written several macros, saved to the document
(not normal.dot) and placed on the Standard toolbar assigned with a name
(i.e. "abc", "7", "10").

When other users open the doc, they can see some, but not all these macros.

Can someone pls. explain what might be causing this and how I can correct
it? Could it be different settings in Word (each workstation here has Word
loaded on c

Also, I have another user assign an icon to the macro on the toolbar and
this enabled other users to "see" the macro. However, when I tried to assign
an icon to the macro (instead of the name), the users still were unable to
"see" it on the toolbar. Lastly, if I placed the raw macro name
(project.newmacro.macro2), the users could see it on the toolbar. It seems
to just not like it when I rename the macro on the toolbar in any fashion.

Any help you can provide to help me troubleshoot this will be appreciated!
Thank you in advance for taking the time to reply.

Shirley
Charles Kenyon

Chances are that some of your toolbar changes were saved to your normal.dot.
(The place for saving toolbars is independent of the location of the
macros.) You are best off usually creating a custom toolbar to hold your
buttons or menus in the template or document where you want them.
--
See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step
instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.