Ted

Default Change Footer on pg 2 to be different then the footer on pg 1

Would someone tell me how to simply add a footer to page 2 that is the same
for page 3 and not identical to the footer on page 1? In my document the
footer on page 1 picks up the footer on pg 2 eventhough the layout is
selected for different first page. The footer on page 1 shows in View
header/Footer as First Page Footer Section 1. The footer on page 2 is a
First Page Footer Section 2. The footer on page 3 is Footer Section 2. How
do you change this designation? and How do you change the footer on pg 2 to
reflect the page footer on page 3? Page 1 footer should remain blank.
thanks!

garfield-n-odie

In Word, click on File | Page Setup | Layout | check the "Different
first page" box | OK. Then create a footer on page 1, and create a
footer on page 2 that will repeat on all subsequent pages.

Ted wrote:

Would someone tell me how to simply add a footer to page 2 that is the same
for page 3 and not identical to the footer on page 1? In my document the
footer on page 1 picks up the footer on pg 2 eventhough the layout is
selected for different first page. The footer on page 1 shows in View
header/Footer as First Page Footer Section 1. The footer on page 2 is a
First Page Footer Section 2. The footer on page 3 is Footer Section 2. How
do you change this designation? and How do you change the footer on pg 2 to
reflect the page footer on page 3? Page 1 footer should remain blank.
thanks!

It would appear that you have a section break somewhere on page 1 or 2. If
the section break is unnecessary (perhaps inserted in your initial attempt
to have two different footers), delete it. If it is required (because you
have changed the number of columns or some other section-level setting),
then disable "Different first page" in Section 2.

"Ted" wrote in message
Would someone tell me how to simply add a footer to page 2 that is the

same
for page 3 and not identical to the footer on page 1? In my document the
footer on page 1 picks up the footer on pg 2 eventhough the layout is
selected for different first page. The footer on page 1 shows in View
header/Footer as First Page Footer Section 1. The footer on page 2 is a
First Page Footer Section 2. The footer on page 3 is Footer Section 2.

How
do you change this designation? and How do you change the footer on pg 2

reflect the page footer on page 3? Page 1 footer should remain blank.
thanks!

If you have only a single section and have "Different first page" enabled,
then you'll get different footers on pages 1 and 2. If you have two
sections, then you run into interesting complications. Even though Section 1
has only one page (and so all you can see and access is the First Page
Footer), it may still have a primary Footer (which you could access by
inserting a page break). If you want the footer in Section 2 to be
different, you need to unlink them (using the Same as Previous/Link to
Previous button on the Header and Footer toolbar). See
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/HeaderFooter.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It would appear that you have a section break somewhere on page 1 or 2.

If
the section break is unnecessary (perhaps inserted in your initial

attempt
to have two different footers), delete it. If it is required (because

you
have changed the number of columns or some other section-level setting),
then disable "Different first page" in Section 2.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Ted" wrote in message
Would someone tell me how to simply add a footer to page 2 that is the

same
for page 3 and not identical to the footer on page 1? In my document

the
footer on page 1 picks up the footer on pg 2 eventhough the layout is
selected for different first page. The footer on page 1 shows in View
header/Footer as First Page Footer Section 1. The footer on page 2 is

First Page Footer Section 2. The footer on page 3 is Footer Section

2.
How
do you change this designation? and How do you change the footer on pg

2
reflect the page footer on page 3? Page 1 footer should remain blank.
thanks!

Ted

Suzane,
I don't know how it worked today becuase yesterday it didn't. I was positive
the link to previous was diabled.

Thanks again!