Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Strange text spacing

Occasionally I find text that I have copied into Word has strange
spacing. After being sure that all the text is of the same font and
size it appears that the text in question is double spaced but it is
not. I cannot place the cursor in the space between lines since it is
part of the text line above it. And I cannot find a way to change it.
Can someone tell what's going on here?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

On the Format menu, click Paragraph. Click the Indents and Spacing
tab. Verify that you have the desired values for Line Spacing and
Spacing Before and After.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
Occasionally I find text that I have copied into Word has strange
spacing. After being sure that all the text is of the same font and
size it appears that the text in question is double spaced but it is
not. I cannot place the cursor in the space between lines since it

is
part of the text line above it. And I cannot find a way to change

it.
Can someone tell what's going on here?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword

You can try this:
Select the paragraph where this is occurring
Go To Format | Paragraph and see if the Line spacing is set to something
other than Single.

You could also try reapplying the Normal style to the text by clicking in
the problem paragraph and then choosing Normal from the Styles and Formatting
task pane.

When you copy text in from other sources, especially the internet or email,
the text contains formatting that may not correspond to your document's
formatting. I always suggest that you Paste as Unformatted Text (Edit |
Paste Special |Unformatted text). This way only the text is pasted into your
document, not the extra formattting.

" wrote:

Occasionally I find text that I have copied into Word has strange
spacing. After being sure that all the text is of the same font and
size it appears that the text in question is double spaced but it is
not. I cannot place the cursor in the space between lines since it is
part of the text line above it. And I cannot find a way to change it.
Can someone tell what's going on here?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, I looked at spacing and before and after were both set to 0 pt.
I changed to Auto and nothing happened. I changed back to 0 pt and the
problem went away. Spacing went back to normal single spacing. I
don't understand what happened but it seemed to work. Line spacing was
set to single from the beginning.