Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
T Perry

Default How do I change Mail merge formatting?

This is a repeat of an earlier question, but for some reason, it wouldn't let
me reply to the previous question to clarify my question and now I can't find
it at all, so I'm re-asking the question...hopefully more clearly. I was
making some sales labels in Word with an Excel spreadsheet as my datasource.
I put today's date (6-1-06) on the label (not as a merge field) and when I
added merge fields and told it to "update all labels" under "replicate
labels", it changed my date to a numbering sequence. (6-1-07, 6-1-08, 6-1-09,
etc.) I want today's date to stay the same on all of the labels. How do I
fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Try clicking Undo.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"T Perry" wrote in message
This is a repeat of an earlier question, but for some reason, it wouldn't
let
me reply to the previous question to clarify my question and now I can't
find
it at all, so I'm re-asking the question...hopefully more clearly. I was
making some sales labels in Word with an Excel spreadsheet as my
datasource.
I put today's date (6-1-06) on the label (not as a merge field) and when I
added merge fields and told it to "update all labels" under "replicate
labels", it changed my date to a numbering sequence. (6-1-07, 6-1-08,
6-1-09,
etc.) I want today's date to stay the same on all of the labels. How do I
fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

As Doug asked in the reply to your earlier question, how did you insert this
date? There is no mechanism that I know of in Word (up to version 2003) that
will turn a number entered as text (or a date field for that matter) into a
variable numbering sequence. Excel can do this however?