Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AuPhinger AuPhinger is offline

Default WORD 2007, How to insert "Page x of y Pages"in footer?

I have just been helped out on one 2007 footer problem, now I have another.
I see how o simple page numbers, but I sure do like to use the "Page X of Y
Pages"format, and I cannot figure out how to implement this.

Any help out there???

TIA,

Gene
Elgin, Illinois USA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis Chuck Davis is offline

Open your document, click on the Design ribbon tab, at the left of the
ribbon will be Page Number... all of the little goodies that you could want
will appear...
"AuPhinger" wrote in message
I have just been helped out on one 2007 footer problem, now I have another.
I see how o simple page numbers, but I sure do like to use the "Page X of
Pages"format, and I cannot figure out how to implement this.

Any help out there???

TIA,

Gene
Elgin, Illinois USA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AuPhinger AuPhinger is offline

Chuck, Thank you! This opne also took me some digging, but I did find some
options and am making some progress!

Gene

"AuPhinger" wrote in message
I have just been helped out on one 2007 footer problem, now I have another.
I see how o simple page numbers, but I sure do like to use the "Page X of
Pages"format, and I cannot figure out how to implement this.

Any help out there???

TIA,

Gene
Elgin, Illinois USA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Armor Armor is offline

I found this very helpful.
I find Office 2007 miserable.
Thank You

"AuPhinger" wrote in message
I have just been helped out on one 2007 footer problem, now I have another.
I see how o simple page numbers, but I sure do like to use the "Page X of
Pages"format, and I cannot figure out how to implement this.

Any help out there???

TIA,

Gene
Elgin, Illinois USA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zorch Zorch is offline

To put the total number of pages into a Header or Footer, you can go into
your document, open Headers and Footers; in the Header and Footer Tools
Design Tab, click Insert Quick Parts; then in the dropdown menu click Field;
then scroll down to PagNum; click on PagNum. This will insert the total
number of pages in the document.