Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
atne02 atne02 is offline

Default HELP automatic typing errors

I just got this laptop and the mircro soft word documents auto jump. I will
be typing a paper and it will jump up a paragraph in the middle of a sentence
and screw everything up!! What can I do?? It happens in everypaper with no
rhyme or reason as far as I can tell. I will just be typing like I am now and
then it would jump up and mess up sentences above and I have to go through
and delete and edit these stupis errors.

PLEASE HELP..I think it is word 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is a familiar problem with laptops. Almost certainly your touchpad is
too sensitive. Try reducing its sensitivity or failing that disable it and
use a mouse or track ball..

atne02 wrote:
I have typed using just 1 finger trying to see if it was triggering
something. It does this with no rhyme or reason. It does it in my
emails too

"Simon Jones [MSDL]" wrote:

If the laptop has a "trackpad", might you be accidentally touching
the trackpad with your hands while you are typing? Could that
trigger a mouse click event to move the cursor to the mouse pointer?

Simon Jones