Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
J.Beatie J.Beatie is offline

Default How do I create a reference at the bottom of a table?

I am writing a technical report and I'd like to place a footnote-style
reference at the bottom of the table in which the reference occurs rather
than at the bottom of the page. I've been told that this is the correct to
provide references for tables in a technical report; if anyone knows
otherwise, please let me know.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I usually add an extra (merged, borderless) row to the table and put the
notes there. I create them "by hand," as they're in a different sequence
from the regular footnotes anyway. In tables it's conventional to use either
lowercase letters (in tables with mostly figures) or the *?? series for
tables with a combination of text and numbers.