Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ralph Ralph is offline

Default Line Numbering in Word 2003 tables

Does anyone know how to display line Numbers for tables, I know that word
does not support it out of the box, I am looking for a work around.
Thanks,
Ralph
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Use a fixed value for line spacing, and then insert a text box in the margin
where you type in the line numbers. If you want these "line numbers" to
repeat on all pages, anchor the text box to the page header paragraph (see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ralph" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to display line Numbers for tables, I know that word
does not support it out of the box, I am looking for a work around.
Thanks,
Ralph

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ralph Ralph is offline

Thanks, I was looking for an automated way of doing this.

Are you suggesting that the text box would manually carry the line # instead
of using Word Line #?

I still hoping that Word would do for me! I have seen examples of wrapping
the table in a frame!!!

Thanks,
Ralph