Colonel Blip

Default Word 2k3 Comments

Hello, All!

Is there a place one can set the font of inserted Comments in Word (also the
color)?

Thanks,
Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

Jay Freedman

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 20:25:02 -0500, "Colonel Blip"
wrote:

Hello, All!

Is there a place one can set the font of inserted Comments in Word (also the
color)?

Thanks,
Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

Modify the style named Comment Text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Colonel Blip

Hello, Jay!
You wrote on Sun, 02 Oct 2005 23:58:42 -0400:

This sounds logical and easy, but... I can not make any of the comment
styles change my style box or size or color or font. Here is the current
view I'm trying to change, FWIW.

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

JF On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 20:25:02 -0500, "Colonel Blip"
JF wrote:

JF Modify the style named Comment Text.

Attached Images

Jay Freedman

OK, for once the picture helps to clarify what you're asking.

The comment balloon contains things in two different styles. The word
"Comment" and your initials are in Balloon Text style (which it shares with
the first part of any Track Changes balloon you might also have). The part
of the comment that you type will be in Comment Text style.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

wrote:

Modify the style named Comment Text.

Colonel Blip

Hello, Jay!
You wrote on Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:59:08 -0400:

Getting closer but still not there. I was able to modify it to make the font
larger, but the background stays purple even though I change it in the style
to yellow. Here is the latest picture.

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

JF OK, for once the picture helps to clarify what you're asking.

JF The comment balloon contains things in two different styles. The word
JF "Comment" and your initials are in Balloon Text style (which it shares
JF with the first part of any Track Changes balloon you might also have).
JF The part of the comment that you type will be in Comment Text style.

Attached Images

Jay Freedman

That color is set by the "Comments color" dropdown in the Track
Changes options dialog. You may have that set to the purple color
(actually a faded shade of the "dark blue" choice), or it may be set
to "By author" which means Word gets to choose. You can choose yellow
if that's what you prefer.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman