jeff mcclure

Default Autopopulate from a dropdown

I need to create a form that autopopulates several fileds when a selection is
made from a drop down list. How would I go about doing this?
Greg Maxey

Jeff,

Every DD field has a bookmark name. By default the first DD field is
bookmarked Dropdown1. You can call it what you like. Unprotect your form
and double click on the dropdown. Give it the bookmark name EmpID (for
employee ID). Check the box "Calculate on exit" and close the dialog. In
your form
type EmpID and couple of times. Selcect one and press CTR+F9. The text
will change to { EmpED }. You have just created a reference to the bookmark
EmpID. Repeat above for the other entries. Press ALT+F9 to toggle the
field codes. Protect the form. Make a selection in the DD field (hopefully
it is a number :-) ) and tab out. Viola!!

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

jeff mcclure wrote:
I need to create a form that autopopulates several fileds when a
selection is made from a drop down list. How would I go about doing
this?

jeff mcclure

Greg, I did that, thanks, however, I guess I should have been more clear. If
I select a value form the drop down list, I would like to populate the other
fields with related (but other) data. For instance, if I select a drop down
item labeled "host1", I would like to have the "IP Address" field (as well as
other fields) automatically fill in. Would I need to create a table of the
"other data" and somehow link it to the dowp down selection?

Thanks for your help!

Jeff

jeff mcclure wrote:
I need to create a form that autopopulates several fileds when a
selection is made from a drop down list. How would I go about doing
this?

Greg Maxey

Jeff,

I believe Helmut Weber may have posted something that will get you close
under "AutoComplete Form Macro" last week. See:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...3b15f75b--Greg Maxey/Word MVPA Peer in Peer to Peer Supportjeff mcclure wrote: Greg, I did that, thanks, however, I guess I should have been more clear. If I select a value form the drop down list, I would like to populate the other fields with related (but other) data. For instance, if I select a drop down item labeled "host1", I would like to have the "IP Address" field (as well as other fields) automatically fill in. Would I need to create a table of the "other data" and somehow link it to the dowp down selection? Thanks for your help! Jeff "Greg Maxey" wrote: Jeff, Every DD field has a bookmark name. By default the first DD field is bookmarked Dropdown1. You can call it what you like. Unprotect your form and double click on the dropdown. Give it the bookmark name EmpID (for employee ID). Check the box "Calculate on exit" and close the dialog. In your form type EmpID and couple of times. Selcect one and press CTR+F9. The text will change to { EmpED }. You have just created a reference to the bookmark EmpID. Repeat above for the other entries. Press ALT+F9 to toggle the field codes. Protect the form. Make a selection in the DD field (hopefully it is a number :-) ) and tab out. Viola!! -- Greg Maxey/Word MVP A Peer in Peer to Peer Support jeff mcclure wrote: I need to create a form that autopopulates several fileds when a selection is made from a drop down list. How would I go about doing this?