Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hedge Hedge is offline

Default How do I insert into a header or footer "Page X of YY"?

How do I insert into a header or footer "Page X of YY"? Where X represents
a page number, and YY represents the total number of pages in the document.
Is there a short-cut symbol for "total number of pages"?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You need two fields and a couple of words of text eg

Page { Page } of { Numpages }

Hedge wrote:
How do I insert into a header or footer "Page X of YY"? Where X
represents a page number, and YY represents the total number of pages
in the document. Is there a short-cut symbol for "total number of
pages"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2003 or earlier, select "Page X of Y" from the AutoCorrect menu. In
Word 2007, use the Page Number button in the Header & Footer group on the
Insert or Header & Footer Tools | Design tab. You'll find Page X of Y or
Page 1 of 1 in various galleries. As Graham points out, Y represents the
NumPages field.

http://word.mvps.org