Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jean-Eric Paulin Jean-Eric Paulin is offline

Default Adding words to MS Word main dictionary (not custom dict)

Is there a way to populate MS Word main dictionary (not CUSTOM.DIC) or create
and attach a library file to the existing main dictionary?

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jean-Eric Paulin Jean-Eric Paulin is offline

Thanks!! this brings up more questions tough...

Question 1
Is there a way to link the autocorrect to the custom dic?

Question 2
Can we create a .LEX file (using VBA or else) and link it to our word
application? If yes, where should I look for proper documentation?

Thank you very much!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

No. You add words to the dictionary by using the Custom.dic.

"Jean-Eric Paulin" Jean-Eric wrote in
message ...
Is there a way to populate MS Word main dictionary (not CUSTOM.DIC) or

create
and attach a library file to the existing main dictionary?

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not sure what you're asking. Words in Custom.dic are suggested as
corrections provided you don't have "Suggest from main dictionary only"
checked on the Spelling & Grammar tab of Tools | Options. This means that
when a word in the Custom.dic is suggested as a correction on the context
menu, you can choose AutoCorrect and easily add that as an AutoCorrect
entry.

"Jean-Eric Paulin" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

No. You add words to the dictionary by using the Custom.dic.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.