Arrow appears when tabbing in document

Old March 21st 08, 05:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LindaOasis

Default Arrow appears when tabbing in document

An arrow appears after creation of lists/bullets when tabbing. I type 1.
then press tab and an arrow appears. I have tried to use the Arrows Icon but
this is all greyed out. Also the global template changed a few weeks ago
though I am not sure how that happened...Please help, arrows appear between
bullets, between numbers when hitting the tab key???
--
LindaOasis
Old March 21st 08, 05:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

LindaOasis wrote:
An arrow appears after creation of lists/bullets when tabbing. I
type 1. then press tab and an arrow appears. I have tried to use the
Arrows Icon but this is all greyed out. Also the global template
changed a few weeks ago though I am not sure how that
happened...Please help, arrows appear between bullets, between
numbers when hitting the tab key???

If you also see dots in the spaces between words, and marks at the ends of
paragraphs, you have the Show/Hide button (with the same symbol on it)
turned on -- click it again to turn it off.

If not, then possibly only the display of tabs is turned on. Go to Tools
Options View (in Word 2003 or earlier) or Office button Word Options
Display (in Word 2007) and uncheck the box for tab characters.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm for more
information.

--
Regards,