Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trudy Trudy is offline

Default Cannot Turn Track Changes Off!

We have a document that somehow Track Changes were turned on. We have tried
numerous time to Accept All Changes and turn Track changes off. We save and
close the document and when we open it, Track Changes is on again. Please
advise! Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jimbo Wales Jimbo Wales is offline

I've had exactly the same problem with word as well. Not sure of your
version, but mine was Word 2003... would love to know how to solve this one!
J.

"Trudy" wrote:

We have a document that somehow Track Changes were turned on. We have tried
numerous time to Accept All Changes and turn Track changes off. We save and
close the document and when we open it, Track Changes is on again. Please
advise! Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jimbo Wales Jimbo Wales is offline

Hi Trudy
One thing that does work for me when Word messes up a document without any
hope of it cooperating anymore is to click anywhere in the document, Ctrl-A
for select all, Ctrl-C for copy all and then open a new word document, format
the page how you'd like it [A4 / Letter etc...] and then Ctrl-V to paste your
document into the new file and save that. Re-open it after closing it and
that may solve the problem. It's not truly 'solving' it, but it might stop
the annoying 'Track changes are in effect' upon opening it...
Let me know if this works... [As I didn't think of it for that
particular document that failed for me]
Regards
J.

"Trudy" wrote:

We have a document that somehow Track Changes were turned on. We have tried
numerous time to Accept All Changes and turn Track changes off. We save and
close the document and when we open it, Track Changes is on again. Please
advise! Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jimbo Wales Jimbo Wales is offline

pass on my part, can't speak for trudy. I thought that i'd selected all and
told it to accept all changes. maybe there was a comment or two left, i
don't remember. i'll bear this in mind in the future, many thanks.

"Trudy" wrote in message
We have a document that somehow Track Changes were turned on. We have

tried
numerous time to Accept All Changes and turn Track changes off. We save

and
close the document and when we open it, Track Changes is on again. Please
advise! Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gordo gordo is offline

On the Reviewing Tool Bar, there is an icon near the right hand side that
says (when you hover) "Track Changes (Control+Shift+E)". Apparently, this is
a toggle. After accepting all the changes, click this button making sure
that it does indicate that it is turned off. Then turn off the Reviewing
Tool Bar. I just helped a friend do this yesterday and discovered that icon.

You could give it a try.

Gordo

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is Track Changes really on or are you just seeing the Reviewing Toolbar?
The
latter will be the case as long as there are unaccepted changes or
undeleted
comments.

so
all may benefit.

"Trudy" wrote in message
We have a document that somehow Track Changes were turned on. We have

tried
numerous time to Accept All Changes and turn Track changes off. We
save

and
close the document and when we open it, Track Changes is on again.
Please
advise! Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jimbo Wales Jimbo Wales is offline

cool, thanks Gordo,
will try it next time the problem occurs...
J.