Ann

Default printing a data source from a mail merge document

We have just upgraded to Word 2003 - how do we print a copy of the data
source from a mail merge document? In Word 2000 we could do it through "view
data source"??
Doug Robbins

A couple of things you should do to make mailmerge easier to use:

1 From the View menu, select Toolbars and check the Mailmerge item to
display the Mailmerge toolbar. It's far more efficient to use the buttons
on that toolbar than to have to use the Wizard.

2. From the Tools menu, select Customize and on the Commands tab of the
dialog that appears, select the All Commands category and scroll down
through the list of commands until you locate the Mailmerge Helper. Click
and drag that onto the mailmerge toolbar.

When you use the Mailmerge Helper button, you can view and the print the
data source in the way to which you are accustomed.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP