Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.programming
[email protected] stevewy@hotmail.com is offline

Default Tracked Changes: manual color change

I am using Word 2002 and am having some trouble with tracked changes.
A solictor has been using tracked changes (Word 2000) on a document,
and has sent it down to me to print out in color. However, on her
machine the amendments are in red and green, and on my machine they
are in blue and green. Note that I am not adding to the changes,
merely viewing them. She is not connected to a color printer, so
cannot print the document out herself. I am connected to a color
printer, but the tracked changes colors are wrong!

I notice that in Word 2002, I cannot manually dictate the colors that
each author's tracked changes show up in; is there a way round this by
"cheating" and changing my Author details in Options (I don't think
this would work as I am not making any changes myself), or fiddling
with the tracked changes options in some way, or (and this is why I
have also posted to the word.programming newsgroup), a macro that
would change the colors of all the blue text to red?

I wonder whether it is possible to get a Word macro to go through the
document removing the "tracked changes" attribute and actually making
the text into the colour the tracked change was, then changing the
font color from blue to red. I already have a macro that zips through
a document taking out auto-paragraph numbering and making it into
regular text, and this would be a similar thing. This would be okay
since once the document is printed I can just lose changes and the
original document would be unaffected.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Any pointers towards the objects that
control track changes attributes and colors?

Thanks for any advice.

Steve Wylie