Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frustrated Legal Assistant

Default A small vertical line appears in the margin how do I remove it?

In my document there is a small line that appears in the margin of the
document. It only appears periodically maybe twice in the document. I can't
get it to go away, I can't click on it. I tried using the reveal codes (or
what Word calls reveal codes, you know the paragraph sign) to get any hints
and it is not working. My attorney called it an archive? Tried to look that
up in help but it didn't come up with anything. Doesn't seem to be a
graphic image of any kind. Need help.

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rose

Do you have track changes turned on? That would give that vertical line in
the margin of the line that had a change made. What version of office do you
have?

"Frustrated Legal Assistant" wrote:

In my document there is a small line that appears in the margin of the
document. It only appears periodically maybe twice in the document. I can't
get it to go away, I can't click on it. I tried using the reveal codes (or
what Word calls reveal codes, you know the paragraph sign) to get any hints
and it is not working. My attorney called it an archive? Tried to look that
up in help but it didn't come up with anything. Doesn't seem to be a
graphic image of any kind. Need help.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Display the reviewing toolbar. Accept all changes. Save the document. Turn
off tracking of changes.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/track_changes.htm
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Frustrated Legal Assistant" Frustrated Legal
wrote in message
In my document there is a small line that appears in the margin of the
document. It only appears periodically maybe twice in the document. I
can't
get it to go away, I can't click on it. I tried using the reveal codes
(or
what Word calls reveal codes, you know the paragraph sign) to get any
hints
and it is not working. My attorney called it an archive? Tried to look
that
up in help but it didn't come up with anything. Doesn't seem to be a
graphic image of any kind. Need help.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frustrated Legal Assistant

I figured it out thanks Rose and Charles. I didn't realize this had to do
with track changes. But what you suggested Charles worked. Thanks again.