Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mad Dog

Default Cursor Size

Help! My cursor shrunk to what seems to be a font 2 or 3 size. What
happened? It's on all of my documents now, so it has to be some kind of a
general control on my global template.

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Mad Dog
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber

Hi,

quoting Jay Freedman:

"Change the zoom setting to 500% and back to 100%."

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Mad Dog wrote:
Help! My cursor shrunk to what seems to be a font 2 or 3 size. What
happened? It's on all of my documents now, so it has to be some kind
of a general control on my global template.

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Mad Dog

Switch to 500% zoom and back again. (We don't know why it happens or why
this fixes it.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Neil McCready

I have the same problem, and it can be fixed by changing the zoom or by
changing to Read layout and back again. But I find these are temporary fixes
and when I close out of Word and go back in, the problem is there again. My
small cursor has only appeared in the last day or so.

Does anyone know of a permanent fix ??

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Mad Dog wrote:
Help! My cursor shrunk to what seems to be a font 2 or 3 size. What
happened? It's on all of my documents now, so it has to be some kind
of a general control on my global template.

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Mad Dog

Switch to 500% zoom and back again. (We don't know why it happens or why
this fixes it.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's unlikely anyone will be able to come up with a permanent fix until
someone figures out what's causing it, and so far apparently no one knows.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Mad Dog wrote:
Help! My cursor shrunk to what seems to be a font 2 or 3 size. What
happened? It's on all of my documents now, so it has to be some kind
of a general control on my global template.

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Mad Dog

Switch to 500% zoom and back again. (We don't know why it happens or why
this fixes it.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Over The Hill Over The Hill is offline

There is supposed to be permanent fix by accessing the Command Prompt. I
tried it but it doesn' change the size either. Go to
START-ACCESSORIES-COMMAND PROMPT. Right click on the diaglog box title and
SELECT Defaults, then check the size under OPTIONS - maybe it will work for
you - it didn't for me so it is still a mystery. Using the ZOOM procedure
works but is only temporary for the current document.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Mad Dog wrote:
Help! My cursor shrunk to what seems to be a font 2 or 3 size. What
happened? It's on all of my documents now, so it has to be some kind
of a general control on my global template.

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Mad Dog

Switch to 500% zoom and back again. (We don't know why it happens or why
this fixes it.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I don't see how settings for the Command Prompt could make a
difference in Word.

But note that you can use auto macros in normal.dot to apply the "zoom
fix." See the examples at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It's unlikely anyone will be able to come up with a permanent fix

until
someone figures out what's causing it, and so far apparently no

one knows.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Neil McCready" Neil wrote in

message

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Mad Dog wrote:
Help! My cursor shrunk to what seems to be a font 2 or 3

size. What
happened? It's on all of my documents now, so it has to be

some kind
of a general control on my global template.

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Mad Dog

Switch to 500% zoom and back again. (We don't know why it

happens or why
this fixes it.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:
http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so