Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kimaroo

Default How can I stop Word from hiding my mouse cursor when I type?

I have checked my mouse properties and "Hide cursor while typing" is not
selected. The cursor doesn't disapear when I type in other programs besides
MS Word.

Is there a setting that I am missing within Word that allows it to hide my
mouse cursor? Or is this just something that I am going to have to live with?

Thanks,
-Kim-
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

You might take a look at the discussion he

http://www.wpuniverse.com/vb/showthr...threadid=18646

Although... regardless of my mouse pointer settings, I, too, find that the
mouse pointer disappears in Word when typing. For me, it reappears if I do
something else (like press and release the Ctrl key, move the mouse, etc.).
But, although this has been the case for as long as I can remember, it
doesn't bother me. I guess I'm used to it. Unless switching to the large
black pointer solves it for you, I'm guessing that you'll just have to get
used to it.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Kimaroo" wrote in message
I have checked my mouse properties and "Hide cursor while typing" is not
selected. The cursor doesn't disapear when I type in other programs
besides
MS Word.

Is there a setting that I am missing within Word that allows it to hide my
mouse cursor? Or is this just something that I am going to have to live
with?

Thanks,
-Kim-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kimaroo

Thanks for responding.. I guess I never noticed it before I got my laptop. It
never mattered before when I used a regular mouse.. but now that I have to
rely on laptop pointer devices every little mouse movement is valuable time
so I'd rather always know where my pointer is before I start moving it in the
wrong direction.

It's pretty annoying that Word would do that without it being an optional
thing.

The large black pointer thing didn't work.. but thanks for trying : )

"Kimaroo" wrote in message
I have checked my mouse properties and "Hide cursor while typing" is not
selected. The cursor doesn't disapear when I type in other programs
besides
MS Word.

Is there a setting that I am missing within Word that allows it to hide my
mouse cursor? Or is this just something that I am going to have to live
with?

Thanks,
-Kim-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

There is an option that draws a bull's-eye around the pointer when you tap
the Ctrl key. Many notebook/laptop users resort to that option. In the Mouse
Properties control dialog, it's in the Pointer Options tab. I use it on
occasion, and it seemed (to me anyway) like an easy habit to acquire.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com