Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
english[_2_] english[_2_] is offline

Default STYLE MISSING

When I upgraded to Word 2002, I also brought along a style I had created from
my earlier version. It was a formatting symbol I had somehow moved to the the
formating toolbar and included it in the normal.dot file. I can use it now if
I highlight some text and then click on the symbol (a musical note) on the
formatting toolbar. However, it doesn't show up in the style gallery. How do
I make that happen? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you are saying that the style doesn't appear in the Styles and Formatting
pane, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/sfpa...ttingPane.html.

On the other hand, if you are really referring to the style gallery, I am
not sure what purpose, if any, it serves in recent versions of Word. To see
how the text will be formatted with another template, you could just as well
create a new document using that particular template and then use Insert |
File to bring in the document contents. If you don't like what you see, just
close without saving; the original document will remain intact.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"english" wrote in message
When I upgraded to Word 2002, I also brought along a style I had created
from
my earlier version. It was a formatting symbol I had somehow moved to the
the
formating toolbar and included it in the normal.dot file. I can use it now
if
I highlight some text and then click on the symbol (a musical note) on the
formatting toolbar. However, it doesn't show up in the style gallery. How
do
I make that happen? thanks.

missing heading style in MS Word cpkreader Microsoft Word Help 1 September 17th 07 11:09 PM
Missing Style Gallery kri New Users 4 May 8th 07 02:06 PM
missing paragraph style lables [email protected] New Users 1 April 23rd 07 11:58 AM
Missing Bibliography Style Megyal Microsoft Word Help 2 April 17th 07 11:00 PM
Missing automatic update on Style TheDesigner Microsoft Word Help 6 January 24th 06 07:10 PM