dloseven

Default How to delete diagonal line in upper left cell?

Whenever I insert a table in a Word document, a diagonal line appears in the
upper left cell of the table. I have tried to "delete" as well as "cut" the
line and cell but to no avail. I have also tried to delete or cut the entire
row. When I do this a new row appears with the same line in the same upper
left cell. If i print the document the line is printed as well. What is
causing this to appear? How do I get rid of it?

If you are using a table style or AutoFormat, it may be that the diagonal
line is defined as part of the formatting for the heading row. In any case,
try this:

1. Selecting the affected cell.

2. Display the Borders and Tables toolbar or open the Borders palette on the
Formatting toolbar.

3. Click the appropriate diagonal line button to turn it off.