Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mdpeclipse mdpeclipse is offline

Default Word 2003 Product Key

if anyone can please help, i need the product key for Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword finalword is offline

You will need to get that off your Office 2003 CD/DVD Case.

if anyone can please help, i need the product key for Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There is no one product key. There is a unique one for each copy, and you
need to find the one for yours. Usually it's on a yellow or orange sticker
on the CD/DVD case. If you have lost yours, see "How to Obtain a New Product
Key for Office Program Setup" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823570

"mdpeclipse" wrote in message
news
if anyone can please help, i need the product key for Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no one product key. There is a unique one for each copy, and you
need to find the one for yours. Usually it's on a yellow or orange sticker
on the CD/DVD case. If you have lost yours, see "How to Obtain a New Product
Key for Office Program Setup" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823570

"mdpeclipse" wrote in message
news
if anyone can please help, i need the product key for Word 2003.

thanks for your reply. i should have put more info in my original post. i bought a new e-machine computer from a store and microsoft office was on the computer when i bought it. i didnt have a CD case.

i never had to use Word until recently someone sent me a word document and i
couldnt open it because word wasnt set up.

i called the store where i purchased the computer and they told me i needed
to call microsoft. i called microsoft and they told me they didnt have any
product keys for word 2003 any more and told me to post a request in this
discussion group and now here i am.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You are really out of luck at this point. Because Word was preinstalled,
Microsoft cannot help you. It would be up to the computer manufacturer -
and, as you've learned, they are of no help.

If all you need to do is *read* the file, you can download the free Word
Viewer from:

You really only have a few options if you need to *edit* Word files. Among
them:
1. Try to find an old copy of Word 2003.
2. Buy Word 2007, Office 2007, or Works Suite.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no one product key. There is a unique one for each copy, and you
need to find the one for yours. Usually it's on a yellow or orange
sticker
on the CD/DVD case. If you have lost yours, see "How to Obtain a New
Product
Key for Office Program Setup" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823570

"mdpeclipse" wrote in message
news if anyone can please help, i need the product key for Word 2003.

thanks for your reply. i should have put more info in my original post. i
bought a new e-machine computer from a store and microsoft office was on
the computer when i bought it. i didnt have a CD case.

i never had to use Word until recently someone sent me a word document and
couldnt open it because word wasnt set up.

i called the store where i purchased the computer and they told me i
needed
to call microsoft. i called microsoft and they told me they didnt have any
product keys for word 2003 any more and told me to post a request in this
discussion group and now here i am.

"word viewer" was exactly what i needed......THANK YOU !!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

One less problem in your life is a good thing, right?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]