Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Miss Ricketts Miss Ricketts is offline

Default Drop Down Field - character space

Hi I am creating drop down menu's in Word. Unfortunately the content of the
drop down option is longer than the current field allows. Do you know how I
can increase the amount of space to type full sentences or a paragraph?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Miss Ricketts wrote:
Hi I am creating drop down menu's in Word. Unfortunately the content
of the drop down option is longer than the current field allows. Do
you know how I can increase the amount of space to type full
sentences or a paragraph?

You can't. The dropdown has absolute limits of 25 items and 50 characters
per item.

An alternative, if you can apply meaningful short names to the entries, is
to use an AutoTextList field. When you choose the short name from the
field's list, the corresponding AutoText entry will appear in its place. The
entry can be very long (such as an entire document) and can contain
formatting and graphics if necessary.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...toTextList.htm for
instructions.

--