Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Josiah Josiah is offline

Default How do I set insertion point behavior?

I'm using Microsoft Word 2000, and when I type the insertion point/flashing
cursor keeps relocating to where the pointer of my mouse is on the screen. I
am not touching the mouse while this is happening. So if the mouse pointer is
three lines above the line I'm writing, all of a sudden the cursor jumps up
three lines, and I'm inserting words up there. I have to continually move the
pointer below the line, so that when it jumps I only have to move the cursor
a few spaces. It is extremely aggravating when writing long documents.

I know this is an older Word application, but any help would be GREATLY
appreciated.

Thanks, Josiah
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Freeman Dan Freeman is offline

Bet you're typing on a laptop. You're tapping the touchpad which is the same
as clicking the mouse.

Dan