Shannon

Default Retain editable images and allow text boxes in a form PW protected

I created a document that has a section with multiple tables containing
fields and did a form password protection on it (for that particular section
- section 1). The succeeding section is not protected so that anyone can
update that information as needed (I just don't want them to be able to
change the info in the tables other than in the fields.). The problem is
when a user inserts an image/diagram, he/she is unable to insert text boxes
to use as callouts and the image is not editable. Hoe can I fix this doc so
that images can be edited and text boxes used AND keep section 1 protected
against editing except in the fields?

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U2hhbm5vbg==?=,

I created a document that has a section with multiple tables containing
fields and did a form password protection on it (for that particular section
- section 1). The succeeding section is not protected so that anyone can
update that information as needed (I just don't want them to be able to
change the info in the tables other than in the fields.). The problem is
when a user inserts an image/diagram, he/she is unable to insert text boxes
to use as callouts and the image is not editable. Hoe can I fix this doc so
that images can be edited and text boxes used AND keep section 1 protected
against editing except in the fields?

You can't. Document protection of any kind locks out the Drawing layer.

What the users can do is create the entire construct in another document, using
Word's Picture Editor (so that it's all one graphical object), then copy/paste
this (formatted in-line with the text) into the unprotected forms section.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Shannon

That's what I was afraid of. I guess we will just have to deal with that.
Thank you very much for the help!

Shannon

Hi ?B?U2hhbm5vbg==?=,