Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BennyCaleny BennyCaleny is offline

Default Connect to the internet with word

My computer runs fine and everything, but when I'm typing on word and want to
you use the "Look-up" feature it says I'm not connect, I am however connected
to the internet but Word doesn't recognize it... any help??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's possible that your firewall prevents Word from accessing the Internet.
Take a look at the settings for the firewall.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"BennyCaleny" wrote in message
My computer runs fine and everything, but when I'm typing on word and want
you use the "Look-up" feature it says I'm not connect, I am however
connected
to the internet but Word doesn't recognize it... any help??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BennyCaleny BennyCaleny is offline

I have and I'm confused on what to look for. I honestly have no idea what I'm
looking for.. Now my Mcfee virus scan says it can connect to the internet
either..

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

It's possible that your firewall prevents Word from accessing the Internet.
Take a look at the settings for the firewall.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"BennyCaleny" wrote in message
My computer runs fine and everything, but when I'm typing on word and want
you use the "Look-up" feature it says I'm not connect, I am however
connected
to the internet but Word doesn't recognize it... any help??

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't know the exact terminology for your antivirus program / firewall. My
firewall uses the term "blocked" for programs that aren't allowed to access
the Internet. You should look at the documentation for your antivirus
program and firewall.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

It's possible that your firewall prevents Word from accessing the
Internet.
Take a look at the settings for the firewall.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"BennyCaleny" wrote in message
My computer runs fine and everything, but when I'm typing on word and
want
you use the "Look-up" feature it says I'm not connect, I am however
connected
to the internet but Word doesn't recognize it... any help??

.

lolapaluuza lolapaluuza is offline
Banned

In general, problems were gone when I installed a new Wi-Fi router. Other signals from neighbors interrupted the channel, so I had problems with the Internet. But I have an old router. Can someone advise something new?