Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles [email protected] Charles brackney_law2@yahoo.com is offline

Default "hidden"codes "paragraph" symbol, etc, showing in doc-how delete?

have normally "hidden" codes, such as "paragraph" symbols, "arrow head
pointers" and "indentation markers" showing up in MS wWord document
previously typed WITHOUT SUCH SYMBOLS SHOWING.

How do I get rid of them. They do not show when documetn is printed. But
code symbols make editing document a real headache. I know there is some
simple key to depress which will send them back into "hiding." But which key
? And how to prevent reoccurences of same 'hidden codes' "popping up" in
document.
Thanks any help.