sue

Default Word macro security warning

When MS Word starts up I get the folowing message: "When MS Word starts up I
get the folowing message: "c:\Program When MS Word starts up I get the
folowing message: Why does this display & how can I get rid of it?

After I answer the message i get the following message below.
Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP\PALMMAPP" contains macros. I am
asked whether I want to disable or not.

This happens everytime I open word 2003 which I just installed on my
computer reently.

How do I get rid of these messges?

thanks

sue

Jay Freedman

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:18:02 -0700, sue wrote:

When MS Word starts up I get the folowing message: "When MS Word starts up I
get the folowing message: "c:\Program When MS Word starts up I get the
folowing message: Why does this display & how can I get rid of it?

After I answer the message i get the following message below.
Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP\PALMMAPP" contains macros. I am
asked whether I want to disable or not.

This happens everytime I open word 2003 which I just installed on my
computer reently.

How do I get rid of these messges?

thanks

sue

The file PALMAPP.DOT contains macros that let you use Word with
applications on your Palm Pilot. The Palm programmers didn't foresee
that Office would start using security measures that would prevent
their macros from running, and annoy you with messages. The problem is
that the file is installed in the wrong folder.

First, in Word, go to Tools Options File Locations. Select the
Startup item and make a note of the complete name of the folder
(you'll probably have to click the Modify button so you can see the
whole name, and then click Cancel to get out without changing
anything). It will probably be

C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Application
Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

Also in Word, go to Tools Macro Security Trusted Publishers.
Make sure the option "Trust all installed add-ins and templates" is
checked. Then exit from Word and start Windows Explorer (My Computer).

In Windows Explorer, go to Tools Folder Options View. Make sure
"Show hidden files and folders" is selected. Click OK. Go to the
folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP. Right-click
the file PALMAPP.DOT and select Cut.

Now go to the folder whose name you found in the File Locations dialog
in Word. Right-click and select Paste.

Finally, restart Word. The messages should be gone.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman