Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Maz Maz is offline

Default HOW TO SET OUT A POEM ON A PAGE

I am creating a poem in word document and wish to know the correct fomat in
to precent it for marking
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: HOW TO SET OUT A POEM ON A PAGE

Setting out a poem on a page in Microsoft Word is easy and straightforward. Here are the steps to follow:
  1. Open a new Word document and click on the "Page Layout" tab.
  2. Click on the "Margins" button and select "Narrow" or "Moderate" margins to give your poem more space on the page.
  3. Click on the "Page Setup" button and select "Portrait" orientation for your page.
  4. Click on the "Columns" button and select "One" column to keep your poem in a single column.
  5. Type your poem into the document, making sure to use line breaks to separate each line of the poem.
  6. Use the "Center" alignment option to center your poem on the page.
  7. Use a legible font such as Times New Roman or Arial, and use a font size that is easy to read.
  8. Add any necessary formatting such as bold or italicized text to emphasize certain words or phrases.
  9. Save your document and print it out for marking.

By following these steps, you can create a well-formatted poem in Microsoft Word that is easy to read and visually appealing. Good luck with your poem!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Maz,

There is no "correct" format for Poem Layout (although it is usual to
capitalise the first word of each line) - the layout should contribute
creatively to the sense or feeling of the poem.

Your professor may have his or her preferences.

You might focus on your spelling, though ...
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"maz" wrote in message
I am creating a poem in word document and wish to know the correct fomat in
to precent it for marking

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Here's how I do it, assuming that each line of the poem is left-aligned
(that is, alternate lines are not indented):

1. Type the entire poem, pressing Shift+Enter (line break) at the end of
each line and Enter (paragraph break) at the end of each stanza.

2. Select the entire poem and apply some Spacing After (Format | Paragraph)
so that the stanzas are separated.

3. Drag the left indent marker on the ruler until the poem is visually
centered (do not use Center alignment); this is tricky if some of the lines
are very long, but make it so that the average line length looks centered.

I generally define a Poetry style to handle these properties, but if I'm
typing a lot of poems with lines of varying length, then I drag the indents
as needed for each poem.