Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Struggling Student

Default Can Word overflow text to leave pages with pics/tables text-free?

I am working on my dissertation and trying to tell Word not to put any text
on pages that contain pics or tables. The pics/tables, however, do have text
headings that should remail on the page with the pic/table. Since I am
revising the document constantly, every time I change something, my entire
document layout gets messed up and I have to move every paragraph manually.
Please help, since it is VERY time consuming!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pen Gwynn

I won't presume to offer suggestions on controlling where Word breaks your
pages, but I can offer a practical suggestion if you have no alternative
except to continue adjusting your layout manually. Just let the pages run
until you are ready to print your final version of the document and THEN
insert your page breaks. As long as you are making changes to the content of
the document, your layout will be in constant flux, so even if you use
column, page or section breaks, you will more likely than not end up having
to go back and move them.

Hope this helps. I've been a technical writer for years, and I've yet to
encounter a command or procedure that can "absolutely" break the pages as I
need them to be.

"Struggling Student" wrote:

I am working on my dissertation and trying to tell Word not to put any text
on pages that contain pics or tables. The pics/tables, however, do have text
headings that should remail on the page with the pic/table. Since I am
revising the document constantly, every time I change something, my entire
document layout gets messed up and I have to move every paragraph manually.
Please help, since it is VERY time consuming!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Charles Kenyon

Try setting up the style for your headings to have paragraph formatting of
"page break before."
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Struggling Student" Struggling wrote in
message ...
I am working on my dissertation and trying to tell Word not to put any text
on pages that contain pics or tables. The pics/tables, however, do have
text
headings that should remail on the page with the pic/table. Since I am
revising the document constantly, every time I change something, my entire
document layout gets messed up and I have to move every paragraph
manually.
Please help, since it is VERY time consuming!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Struggling Student

Default Can Word overflow text to leave pages with pics/tables text-fr

Charles,
Thanks for the note. I actually have it setup that way, but whenever I have
to change something, I end up with empty pages with only one line of text.
etc.
I need to tell the program to overflow to the next page past the pne
containing the pic/table.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Try setting up the style for your headings to have paragraph formatting of
"page break before."
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Struggling Student" Struggling wrote in
message ...
I am working on my dissertation and trying to tell Word not to put any text
on pages that contain pics or tables. The pics/tables, however, do have
text
headings that should remail on the page with the pic/table. Since I am
revising the document constantly, every time I change something, my entire
document layout gets messed up and I have to move every paragraph
manually.
Please help, since it is VERY time consuming!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Word cannot wrap text around a full-page graphic. This is why you don't even
bother to try to insert or place graphics until editing is complete.

"Struggling Student" wrote in
message ...