Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars
Tom Kreutz

Default Configuring "Track Changes"

In Word 2003 on Win XP, when I turn on "Track Changes", and insert
text, it shows up underlined, in red. Fine. But when my cursor touches
that text, an annoying yellow text box appears showing me the time of
insertion, the author, and the inserted text.

Is there any way to suppress the appearance of this text box?

Thanks VERY much!

Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars

Only by disabling the display of ScreenTips (Tools | Options | View), but
this is a per-user setting, not something you can control on anyone else's
machine (short of a macro).

"Tom Kreutz" wrote in message
In Word 2003 on Win XP, when I turn on "Track Changes", and insert
text, it shows up underlined, in red. Fine. But when my cursor touches
that text, an annoying yellow text box appears showing me the time of
insertion, the author, and the inserted text.

Is there any way to suppress the appearance of this text box?

Thanks VERY much!

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars
Tom Kreutz

Suzanne, That worked perfectly! Many thanks! Tom