Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JohnThePresenter JohnThePresenter is offline

Default Please help: Numbering in Expanded Subdocuments

Hi,
Sorry to ask the same question again but I got no helpful information the
last time - just a message saying the function doesn't work very well (I
could have worked that out for myself).
In Word 2007, the list numbering in the subdocuments is lost when I expand
subdocuments in the master. I am in Word 2003 compatibility mode and I did
not have this problem when using Word 2003. Please respond if you know how to
fix this problem in Word 2007. as I am stuck

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Not many people use master documents since they are prone to corruption;
that's why it is difficult to get assistance with the master document
feature.

I don't use master documents either, so I can only give you some general
thoughts...

Was numbering set up using styles? Are these defined in each of the
subdocuments *and* in the master document?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JohnThePresenter" wrote in
message ...
Hi,
Sorry to ask the same question again but I got no helpful information the
last time - just a message saying the function doesn't work very well (I
could have worked that out for myself).
In Word 2007, the list numbering in the subdocuments is lost when I expand
subdocuments in the master. I am in Word 2003 compatibility mode and I did
not have this problem when using Word 2003. Please respond if you know how
fix this problem in Word 2007. as I am stuck

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JohnThePresenter JohnThePresenter is offline

OK I gave up. I have combined all the documents into new, single-file
version. Finally, I had to create an entirely new document and copy/paste all
the parts in one by one. If I started with the original master document and
deleted the subdocuments links then copy/paste still lost the numbering.
Anyway, thanks for replying. No more subdocuments for me.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi John,

If you have a blog/website/skydrive/Office shared workspace, or other place where you could provide a sample copy of
master/subdocuments that show this as being processed differently in Word 2007 than in Word 2003 it would be interesting to see what
has changed (not all changes in Word are intentional g).
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP