Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Warren

Default Open Word Outline without topics expanded?

I have a Word document in Outline format. I save the document with various
topics collapsed. But when I reopen the document, all the topics are
expanded, and I have to re-collapse again. I use the document to keep track
of project and like the outline format to hide projects I am not currently
working on.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?V2FycmVu?=,

I have a Word document in Outline format. I save the document with various
topics collapsed. But when I reopen the document, all the topics are
expanded, and I have to re-collapse again. I use the document to keep track
of project and like the outline format to hide projects I am not currently
working on.

As far as I know, there's no way to persist which topics are expanded/collapsed
when a document is closed. Perhaps it would be "easier" for you to click on the
top level of each collapsed item and apply hidden formatting to it? Then in
Tools/Options/View choose to NOT view hidden text. Turn the display back on when
you want to hide/show different parts of the document.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)