Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HG HG is offline

Default Subdocuments and maintaining the bulleted numbering

I am trying to set a master document which includes subdocuments that already
have bulleted numbering - when I insert the documents the numbering then
flows on from one subdocument to the next, which I don't want to happen. Is
there a way of keeping the bulleted numbering the same as it originally was
for each subdocument
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?SEc=?=,

I am trying to set a master document which includes subdocuments that already
have bulleted numbering - when I insert the documents the numbering then
flows on from one subdocument to the next, which I don't want to happen. Is
there a way of keeping the bulleted numbering the same as it originally was
for each subdocument

You'll find a number of approaches here

http://www.syntagma.demon.co.uk/FAQs...artMethods.htm

For what you describe, I'd probably use "Restarting numbering using a higher
level style."

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org