Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BrianS BrianS is offline

Default XP64 slow to respond to mouse when Word 2003 is open

Im running Office 2003 under Windows XP Professional x64 Edition on an Intel
Core2 Quad CPU with 4GB of memory. My system is €świcked€ť fast until I open
Word 2003. Then it takes 2-10 seconds to respond to mouse clicks outside the
Word application window. Response time goes back to €śinstantaneous€ť after
Word is closed. Any suggestions for solutions to this problem will be greatly
appreciated.