icarnelli

Default Custom dictionary

I tried to add a word to the custom dictionary but it says it's full
(strange, after all I didn't add more than 30 so far). I created a new custom
dictionary following Office Help, then selected it. Again, I tried to add the
word to the new custom dictionary but it didn't work.

Can anyone help? Thank you so much...
Ian

icarnelli

Thank you for your hint Suzanne. I tried both ways stated in your link,
create a new custom dictionary and reinstall the spelling file. Unfortunately
I still have the same error message: "The custom dictionary is full. The word
was not added."

Any other suggestiong before uninstalling office 2003 and reinstall it?
Thank you so so much,
Ian

"icarnelli" wrote in message
I tried to add a word to the custom dictionary but it says it's full
(strange, after all I didn't add more than 30 so far). I created a new

custom
dictionary following Office Help, then selected it. Again, I tried to add

the
word to the new custom dictionary but it didn't work.

Can anyone help? Thank you so much...
Ian

You might try posting your question in
microsoft.word.public.spelling.grammar, where the people who know more about
this topic hang out.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See €œYou receive an error message when you add a word to the custom
dictionary in Word 2003€
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813996

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"icarnelli" wrote in message
I tried to add a word to the custom dictionary but it says it's full
(strange, after all I didn't add more than 30 so far). I created a new

custom
dictionary following Office Help, then selected it. Again, I tried to

add
the
word to the new custom dictionary but it didn't work.

Can anyone help? Thank you so much...
Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Try http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291176

tireman wrote:
Sue, That Kb article is no longer available.

See "You receive an error message when you add a word to the custom

"icarnelli" wrote in message
I tried to add a word to the custom dictionary but it says it's full
(strange, after all I didn't add more than 30 so far). I created a
new custom dictionary following Office Help, then selected it.
Again, I tried to add the word to the new custom dictionary but it
didn't work.

Can anyone help? Thank you so much...
Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John A M Brady

I too am having trouble with the custom dictionary and I followed explicitly
the directions given in the knowlede base for custom dictionary full message,
but it seems to fail again. However, I note in my case the trigger seems to
be the addition of a highlighted error jw, where w is the Greek symbol omega.
After that attempt to add the word to the dictionary, it all fell apart.

My understanding is that custim.dic could handle all languages, but if it
can be opened and read with notepad, how can it accommodate non-english
characters?

"icarnelli" wrote in message
I tried to add a word to the custom dictionary but it says it's full
(strange, after all I didn't add more than 30 so far). I created a new
custom
dictionary following Office Help, then selected it. Again, I tried to

add
the
word to the new custom dictionary but it didn't work.

Can anyone help? Thank you so much...
Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You also would be well advised to post in
microsoft.word.public.spelling.grammar (but first make sure that the
language of your Custom.dic is set to "All Languages").

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You might try posting your question in
microsoft.word.public.spelling.grammar, where the people who know more

about
this topic hang out.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"icarnelli" wrote in message
I tried to add a word to the custom dictionary but it says it's

full
(strange, after all I didn't add more than 30 so far). I created a

new
custom
dictionary following Office Help, then selected it. Again, I tried

add
the
word to the new custom dictionary but it didn't work.

Can anyone help? Thank you so much...
Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Gary is offline

Hi Suan

I too have a "full" custom dictionay. Where do I find
microsoft.word.public.spelling.grammar
which you recommended. I do not see it under the community- word options

TIA/gary

"icarnelli" wrote in message
I tried to add a word to the custom dictionary but it says it's full
(strange, after all I didn't add more than 30 so far). I created a new
custom
dictionary following Office Help, then selected it. Again, I tried to

add
the
word to the new custom dictionary but it didn't work.

Can anyone help? Thank you so much...
Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, if you were using a newsreader to post directly to msnews (see
http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm), you would find it easily, but if you must
post through Communities, use the
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx
portal, which lists all the newsgroups (not just the English ones as the URL
implies) alphabetically, or the
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx site,
which lists them hierarchically by language.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You might try posting your question in
microsoft.word.public.spelling.grammar, where the people who know more
about
this topic hang out.

so
all may benefit.