Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tim C. Tim C. is offline

Default Printing on wrong side of paper

Word 2007 prints documents on opposite side of paper than other applications.

ie - Notepad or previous versions of word. Problematic for loading
Letterhead etc in paper trays for other users. How can Word 2007 be told to
print on the opposite side of the paper. The print driver is apparently
being used incorrectly by word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tim C.[_2_] Tim C.[_2_] is offline

Yes, we typically load the printer (Ricoh Aficio CL7200) paper trays with
various types of paper; Letterhead in this case which is usually loaded face
down in the tray so the text prints on the correct side of the paper. After
installing the new version of Office (2007), Word 'expects' the paper to have
been loaded face up in the tray. I can't simply load the paper differently
since many in the office use other applications etc.

"Tim C." Tim wrote in message
Word 2007 prints documents on opposite side of paper than other

applications.

ie - Notepad or previous versions of word. Problematic for loading
Letterhead etc in paper trays for other users. How can Word 2007 be told

print on the opposite side of the paper. The print driver is apparently
being used incorrectly by word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

That's what it sounded like and what I was afraid of. There is no way this
can be a Word issue; the printer mechanics alone decide how the paper is
printed. If you are duplexing, is it possible that you have a blank first
page?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Can you clarify what you mean by "opposite side"?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Tim C." Tim wrote in message
Word 2007 prints documents on opposite side of paper than other

applications.

ie - Notepad or previous versions of word. Problematic for loading
Letterhead etc in paper trays for other users. How can Word 2007 be

told
print on the opposite side of the paper. The print driver is

apparently
being used incorrectly by word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tim C.[_2_] Tim C.[_2_] is offline

This is definately 'related' to Word 2007. As I mentioned all other print
capable programs including Notepad & Word 2003 printed as expected. I
upgraded 2 PCs to Office 2007 and both are printing differently. It might be
related to the Print driver associated with the printer (PCL vs RPCS) but I'm
not sure. Unfortunately I didn't want to upgrade all PCs at this time to the
latest Office.

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

"Tim C." Tim wrote in message
Word 2007 prints documents on opposite side of paper than other
applications.

ie - Notepad or previous versions of word. Problematic for loading
Letterhead etc in paper trays for other users. How can Word 2007 be

told
print on the opposite side of the paper. The print driver is

apparently
being used incorrectly by word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tim C.[_2_] Tim C.[_2_] is offline

Suzanne,
Your last reply made me want to run a test. Although the document was only
1 page the duplex option was on. I turned off the option and it printed on
the other side of the page. This is an acceptable workaround. Thanks for
your help!

"Tim C." Tim wrote in message
Word 2007 prints documents on opposite side of paper than other
applications.

ie - Notepad or previous versions of word. Problematic for loading
Letterhead etc in paper trays for other users. How can Word 2007 be

told
print on the opposite side of the paper. The print driver is

apparently
being used incorrectly by word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Very odd all the same.

"Tim C." Tim wrote in message
Word 2007 prints documents on opposite side of paper than other
applications.

ie - Notepad or previous versions of word. Problematic for

Letterhead etc in paper trays for other users. How can Word 2007

be
told
print on the opposite side of the paper. The print driver is

apparently
being used incorrectly by word.

how do I type a name sideways on left side of paper wormy Microsoft Word Help 2 January 11th 06 06:26 PM
Print with the wrong paper size Shane Microsoft Word Help 0 December 6th 05 01:23 PM
Wrong Paper Size OC New Users 2 November 19th 05 01:45 AM
what is mergin section 1 is out side printable paper first estate New Users 2 July 18th 05 05:40 AM
help on ms word printing paper resize (destination paper) Ahsan New Users 1 February 12th 05 10:07 PM