Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] alisonrhae@hotmail.com is offline

Default "Assigning" records for merge

I have a 1 page Word doc that has 2 columns on it. The left and right
columns have identical data, they are just on 1 page to save paper when
printed.

I also have an Excel file with a column containing different sets of
numbers.

I have the Word doc pulling the different sets of numbers from Excel,
and it looks great... Except Word is defining each individual record as
the entire page, rather than allowing me to have 2 records on each
page.

Basically I want on the first physical Word page, Record 1 on the left
column and Record 2 on the right column. Then on the second physcal
page, Record 3 of the left column and Record 4 on the right column. And
so on...

Can I change how Word decides what a "record" is or does it do that
based on each page.

I've tried adding Next Record before the merge field in the second
column, to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Why not just print 2 pages to the sheet using that facility under the File
Print dialog?

I would have thought however that if the document was a formletter type
merge document and was formatted to have two columns that if you inserted a
column break at the end of the first letter and replicated that in the
second column with the Next Field before the first mergefield in the
second column that it should work.

Another way however would be to do it as a label type mailmerge in Landscape
orientation with a one row two column table with the letters set up in each
cell.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.