Default How to change the location of the word doc that tracks changes fr.

How do I change the default location of the word document that contains the
changes. Current location is the same location as the open document. I want
to set a universal default location for all documents. The document
containing the changes begins with an ~ followed by numbers.
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 11:23:01 -0800,
wrote:

How do I change the default location of the word document that contains the
changes. Current location is the same location as the open document. I want
to set a universal default location for all documents. The document
containing the changes begins with an ~ followed by numbers.

You misunderstand what that file is for, and how Word creates it. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211632 for an explanation of Word's
many kinds of temporary files and where they're stored.

You cannot specify any other location for most of those files than the
folder that holds the document itself. The article also explains why
that must be so.

Normally, you shouldn't even be aware of the temp files unless your
documents are all created on your desktop (which they shouldn't be).
If temp files remain behind after Word shuts down or crashes, see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm for cleanup
directions.

--
Regards,