JR

Default My Word 2003 can't open WordPerfect files

Can't open .wpd files with new install of Word 2003, even though WordPerfect
is listed in the File\open\Files of Type list.

Error message is: "The selected text converter is an old version which does
not work with the current version of Word. Reinstall the converter and try
again."

Reinstalling the converter per Help instructions did not change the result.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SlI=?=,

Can't open .wpd files with new install of Word 2003, even though WordPerfect
is listed in the File\open\Files of Type list.

Error message is: "The selected text converter is an old version which does
not work with the current version of Word. Reinstall the converter and try
again."

Reinstalling the converter per Help instructions did not change the result.

See if the converter in this converter pack works

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that there's a problem with this converter if
you've updated to recent Office 2003 service packs, but I wasn't able to turn
up the article when I searched for it, today...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)