Chuck W

Default Change Keyboard to French

Hi,

We have a user who wants to change the keyboard to
French. Does anyone know how this is done?

Thanks,

Chuck
Gabriele

Hello,

This is actually done in Windows as opposed to Word. Go to start - Control
panel - Regional and Language settings and change the setting to french.It
will then automatically spell check for french. I have done mine in german
and it worked well. Took me years to discover the feature.

Gabriele

"Chuck W" wrote:

Hi,

We have a user who wants to change the keyboard to
French. Does anyone know how this is done?

Thanks,

Chuck

Andy

In Windows XP, open the Control Panel, select the "Regional and Languages"
option, "Languages" tab.

Click the "Details" button. This opens the "Text Services and Input
Languages" window.

On the "Settings" tab, click "Add", and then select the appropriate type of
French keyboard you want. If the appropriate driver is not already on the
computer, you will need the MS Windows disk, so that it can be loaded.

That should do it. If you want to be able to easily switch back and forth,
you can use the "Preferences" button at the bottom of the tab to make that
possible.