julie39

Default text is too large in help screen in Word

When I open a help screen in Word, such as clicking on a topic like "moving a
file," the help screen opens to a HUGE font on one of my student's computers.
How can I change it back to the normal size? I am using Word 2003. None of
the other machines has this particular problem.

marina

This is for all of us Windows-challenged Unix and/or Mac users:
You CAN NOT change font size using Internet Options in the Control Panel.
Open IE, even if it's not your default browser and change Text Size in the
View menu to a larger or a smaller one as needed.

Marina Hauptman
DBA
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

"julie39" wrote in message
When I open a help screen in Word, such as clicking on a topic like

"moving a
file," the help screen opens to a HUGE font on one of my student's

computers.
How can I change it back to the normal size? I am using Word 2003. None

of
the other machines has this particular problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jill E

I have tried changing the size to 'smallest' in View to no avail;
I have deleted the cookies in IE/Tools/Internet Options/General;
I have deleted the Temporary Internet Files in the above also;
I have restarted my computer after these options; and

THE TEXT IS STILL SO HUGE IT IS UNREADABLE. This happens not just on the MS
site but also on BBC Radio site and others.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP before I throw my new computer into the yard!

"julie39" wrote in message
When I open a help screen in Word, such as clicking on a topic like

"moving a
file," the help screen opens to a HUGE font on one of my student's

computers.
How can I change it back to the normal size? I am using Word 2003. None

of
the other machines has this particular problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You might look at Control Panel | Accessibility Options to see if you have
any relevant options selected (though I suspect you'd have noticed these in
other situations). Similarly, your screen resolution might be a factor.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The text size in Word's HTML help files is governed by the text size
selected in your browser.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"julie39" wrote in message
When I open a help screen in Word, such as clicking on a topic like
"moving a
file," the help screen opens to a HUGE font on one of my student's
computers.
How can I change it back to the normal size? I am using Word 2003.

None
of
the other machines has this particular problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jill E

I went to IE/Internet Options/Accessibility and checked the boxes for Ignore
Website Settings and Use Own Formats (or something like that). It has worked
for me, although you may need to alter the text through View/Text Size for
some sites, and change it back again. BUT IT WORKS AND QUITE FRANKLY THAT'S
ALL I CARE ABOUT!

"julie39" wrote in message
When I open a help screen in Word, such as clicking on a topic like
"moving a
file," the help screen opens to a HUGE font on one of my student's
computers.
How can I change it back to the normal size? I am using Word 2003.

None
of
the other machines has this particular problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Just changing the text size in your browser should suffice.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You might look at Control Panel | Accessibility Options to see if you

have
any relevant options selected (though I suspect you'd have noticed

these in
other situations). Similarly, your screen resolution might be a

factor.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so