Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tee[_2_] Tee[_2_] is offline

Default Downloading resume template

When I attempt to download a resume template I get an error essage that says
my software *MS Office Home and Student) may be counterfeit. I follow the
directions and the software is validated as genuine. However I am still
unable to download the resume. Has anyone else had this problem?
--
Tee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ashley Ashley is offline

That makes at least 3 of us. I went through the four steps on the MS support
site, including deleting some file hidden deep in the file system. Still get
the same result. When I click on the "activate" button, message says product
is already activated. When I go to validation site, it congratulates me
"Validation succesful!" but when Word tries to connect to Office Online, it
says the product installed on this computer is not genuine. Still looking for
a solution.

"Tee" wrote:

When I attempt to download a resume template I get an error essage that says
my software *MS Office Home and Student) may be counterfeit. I follow the
directions and the software is validated as genuine. However I am still
unable to download the resume. Has anyone else had this problem?
--
Tee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jsvalberg jsvalberg is offline

I am having the same problem and the geek squad just installed a second round
of software and it is still screwing up. Does anyone have any suggestions??
Do not use Geek Squad...they are clueless. I paid them to install and they
have not been able to get in running in 40 days.