Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bill W Bill W is offline

Default How do I give Headers/Footers different margin in Word '03

I am setting up a document template in Word 2003. I need 1" left and right
margins for the body but due to graphics & lines in the header and footer, I
need those to have 0.6" margins. Everything I do seems to set the margins
for both the document and the header/footer.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Apply negative 0.4" left and right indents to the header and footer
paragraphs.

http://word.mvps.org

"Bill W" Bill wrote in message
I am setting up a document template in Word 2003. I need 1" left and right
margins for the body but due to graphics & lines in the header and footer,
need those to have 0.6" margins. Everything I do seems to set the margins
for both the document and the header/footer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bufossil bufossil is offline

I am working on a document in which ALL headers and footers should be
indented 1" from both the right and left margin, in all sections of the
document.

The title page, copyright page, and TOC can also have 1" margins on the
right and left.

However, in the body of the document, the previous owner of the document
indented all body content 2.75" from the left margin, and apparently did so
using the Margins tab on the Page Setup window.

The problem is that when I attempt to manually set all header and footer
margins to 1", Word will not retain that setting and seems to keep getting
confused by the fact that the body of the document has a margin of 2.75", and
continually allows the margin for the body to bleed back into header and
footer margins.

I think I can create custom styles for the body of the document that all
start 2.75" from the left margin, but I am looking for a simpler way. Anyone
have any ideas?

Thanks!

Tim Munyon

"Bill W" Bill wrote in message
I am setting up a document template in Word 2003. I need 1" left and right
margins for the body but due to graphics & lines in the header and footer,
need those to have 0.6" margins. Everything I do seems to set the margins
for both the document and the header/footer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You do this by giving your header/footer paragraphs (and their associated
styles) a negative 1.75" indent.

http://word.mvps.org

"Bill W" Bill wrote in message
I am setting up a document template in Word 2003. I need 1" left and
right
margins for the body but due to graphics & lines in the header and
footer,
need those to have 0.6" margins. Everything I do seems to set the
margins
for both the document and the header/footer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bufossil bufossil is offline

We are part way there. The instruction below does indeed move the horizontal
line at the bottom of the header 1.75" to the left, and now the line is
centered again in the header within the 1" margins of the page.

However, the header contains a field code for duplicating the chapter title,
and it still runs off the right margin (it actually extends .75" off the
page). How do I get the chapter title back inside the 1" margin?

Thank you!

Tim Munyon

"Bill W" Bill wrote in message
I am setting up a document template in Word 2003. I need 1" left and
right
margins for the body but due to graphics & lines in the header and
footer,
need those to have 0.6" margins. Everything I do seems to set the
margins
for both the document and the header/footer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you want it aligned with the right margin, set a right-aligned tab stop
at the right margin and place the field at that tab stop.

http://word.mvps.org