Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nward4

Default Global Corporate Template

Hi,

Can anyone out there help me. I have nearly one thousand users on a mixed
NT 4 & Server 2003 enviroment and need to deploy a standard Word Template to
all users when they logon to the domain. I have no clue on how to go about
this, can anyone suggest a path forward?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

nward4 wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone out there help me. I have nearly one thousand users on a
mixed NT 4 & Server 2003 enviroment and need to deploy a standard
Word Template to all users when they logon to the domain. I have no
clue on how to go about this, can anyone suggest a path forward?

Thanks

The article at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...buteMacros.htm
discusses a general method using a login script. Exactly how that could be
implemented in your company depends on how the network is configured. I
don't know enough about that to guide you any farther, but your network
administrator should understand it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To add to what Jay has said, be sure that the "standard" template you're
being asked to deploy is not Normal.dot, which should never be shared. If
you need backup on this, see €śYou cannot share the Normal.dot file among
multiple users in Word€ť at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811468