Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Viksing Viksing is offline

Default Adobe Acrobat 8.0 in Word 2007

I am using Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.0 with Word 2007 which i have
installed on two PC's each having Microsoft Office 2007. Every time i try
converting a word doc into PDF, i get an error message stating 'Missing PDF
maker files. Do you want to install them in installer mode?'. I have clicked
yes but it does not resolve the issue. I have also tried re-enabling Acrobat
within the disabled items in Word options but th matter is still not
resolved. Finally, i add that Adobe technical support for its part, has not
been helpful at all, only referring me to its KB for which no clear answer
can be found.
Kindly provide some help please.
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is an Acrobat problem and should be addressed by the appropriate Adobe
forum. However, assuming you have fully updated Acrobat 8 it will work with
Office 2007, yet it seems clear that your installation is corrupt or
incomplete. Repair the installation then update it before running it. The
updates are large files and take a while to install. In Windows Vista, you
will probably need to install as Administrator.

Viksing wrote:
I am using Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.0 with Word 2007 which i have
installed on two PC's each having Microsoft Office 2007. Every time i
try converting a word doc into PDF, i get an error message stating
'Missing PDF maker files. Do you want to install them in installer
mode?'. I have clicked yes but it does not resolve the issue. I have
also tried re-enabling Acrobat within the disabled items in Word
options but th matter is still not resolved. Finally, i add that
Adobe technical support for its part, has not been helpful at all,
only referring me to its KB for which no clear answer can be found.
Kindly provide some help please.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Viksing Viksing is offline

Hello and thank you for having responded. Could you tell me of the proceudure
to repairing Word 2007? i cannot find any sort of tab within it showing
either repair or update.
Many thanks.

Viksing wrote:
I am using Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.0 with Word 2007 which i have
installed on two PC's each having Microsoft Office 2007. Every time i
try converting a word doc into PDF, i get an error message stating
'Missing PDF maker files. Do you want to install them in installer
mode?'. I have clicked yes but it does not resolve the issue. I have
also tried re-enabling Acrobat within the disabled items in Word
options but th matter is still not resolved. Finally, i add that
Adobe technical support for its part, has not been helpful at all,
only referring me to its KB for which no clear answer can be found.
Kindly provide some help please.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is Acrobat that need repairing. You can do that from the add or remove
programs applet in Windows.
You can also repair it (and request updates) from the Acrobat Help menu.
Current version is 8.1.6.