Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cathyp cathyp is offline

Default Word to Outlook - Tracking read rates

I currently create a newsletter in Word, then send to Outlook to distribute
via org strings. I need to capture read rates for this newsletter. How can
I accomplish this without requesting a read receipt...as many people have
that function turned off? Would I be able to insert some sort of tag into
the Word document that would capture this info when the email is
opened...potentially logging it to a web page, etc.? Trying to accomplish
this without the receipient having to do anything..click on a link, etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What you are describing is essentially a virus!
If you want to count read rates, Post the newsletter on your web site and
link to it. You can then get the page hits or download numbers as
appropriate from your service provider stats.