Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ilovebuffy2 ilovebuffy2 is offline

Default How do I get a free download of MS Word if there is such a thing

How do I get a free download of the latest version of MS Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 02:37:35 -0700, ilovebuffy2
wrote:

How do I get a free download of the latest version of MS Word?

No, there is not such a thing, other than the limited-time trial
version of Office 2003 at
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...dardtrial.mspx
or the (still buggy) beta of the 2007 version at
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...px?showIntro=n.

The trial version can be converted to a permanent license by paying
for it. But I strongly recommend buying a physical CD copy so you
won't lose everything in case of a disk crash.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You may find a web site that 'offers' such a deal, but you're asking for
trouble if you take advantage of it. None of the current Office software is
legally available for download, other than the 30-day trial version
mentioned by Jay.

If you insist on something 'free', look into OpenOffice among others - just
understand that "you get what you pay for".

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"ilovebuffy2" wrote in message
news
How do I get a free download of the latest version of MS Word?